Sunday, February 3, 2008

Coco Scene! Posh ends The Spice Girls tour to pursue Fashion

Victoria Beckham

from pr-inside.com:
LATEST: VICTORIA BECKHAM has been blamed for the cancellation of the last leg of the SPICE GIRLS' reunion tour - because the singer has decided to retire from the music industry.
The British pop star was apprehensive about embarking on the comeback tour and only agreed to it so her young sons Brooklyn, eight, Romeo, five, and Cruz, two, could see her onstage.
She says, "I was very nervous about going back into the Spice Girls because I didn't want to send out a confused message. The reason I decided to do the tour was to show my kids that mummy was a pop star once." And she admits the reason why she is quitting the band after their final show in Toronto, Canada later this month (Feb08) is to pursue her career as a fashion designer.
Beckham adds, "I've been thinking about this for a long time. I'm not in the music industry any more. I'm in the fashion industry. I'm putting together a team of people now so it will be my main project when I finish this tour in a month." The fashion icon insists she has no regrets about her time in the Spice Girls or reuniting with her bandmates for the world tour, but she'll always "cringe" at her pop star looks and some of the outfits she had to wear.
She explains, "I like to think it was all good at the time. But I'll look at the pictures and think, 'My God, look at all that bloody make-up!' or 'Look at that hair!' So I'll cringe a little bit.
"I realise that made me who I am now. I'm proud of that." The group announced on Friday (01Feb08) that shows in China, Australia and Argentina would be scrapped.

Well ... Posh Spice has always been a show stopper. As far as the fashion designer career path.. Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise's protegee.. oops we meant wife.. has certainly benefitted from Victoria's advice... but ... perhaps Posh needs to focus on being on Mr. Blackwell's best dressed list rather than his worst dressed list.

Toodles.